Tuesday, August 25, 2009

To quote Thom Yorke, "I Might Be Wrong"...

I was at a Texans game the other night. After seeing a 4 year old child on a leash, I've made the assumption that our times are not as messed up as we think they are. How can it be any different than the 1950s when people couldn't walk outside without worrying the Kremlin was going to drop an A-bomb on their idealistic town?

We're all so scared of the world, and how "back in my day, we could spend all day outside and not worry about being kidnapped". Unfortunately, we're all way too aware because of tabloid news and television stations who make their news on the gruesome. And you all pay their bill so they can scare you. Ironic, isn't it?

It's really not any different. People are deathly scared of their children being taken advantage of "child predators". Why is it they are only scared now? Seriously, mental disorders are not "new". These mentally unstable people have always been alive. They've always been taking advantage of situations. They haven't been publicized by the news and parents until recently.

For example, I'd hate to live in the 50s. Between worries about the Atomic Bomb, yeah, you could go outside if you didn't come back inside without worrying about your father beating the living crap out of you. How's that for the "good ol' days"? Kids were safer out of the house then, and in my opinion they still are.

Hypocritical parents are to blame. How can you expect to discipline your kids when you lack discipline and screw their lives up? Seriously, divorce is awful on a child's psyche. Don't be a hypocrite and THINK about your children before you act stupidly by divorcing. You made the decision to have kids and you have to suffer so that kid can grow up and be happy.

Simply, our fault is we are way too aware. Let's all go back to being ignorant again, shall we? Life would be a whole lot simpler, and I think we'd all seem a whole lot smarter.

Maybe I'm way off base and our time really is whacked out. But I'm pretty sure I'm right on.

Wow, by the end of this post it's looking more and more to me *the parents* are the one who need to be on leashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment